My desire for you

My photo
Jinotepe, Nicaragua
Hello, friends! I hope this story reaches you well and that God touch you in the depths of your heart. All we need to do is open them and our world CHANGES! Blessings, Pat.

February 12, 2010

Monday Night on the streets of Managua


Peace and greetings to all!


Monday night on the way home, after visiting a construction worker friend of Damarys (who led a community service - Nazareth Home Project - which I will share at a later date) we came to a stop light. There was a young guy who was working on the street corners at a traffic light selling water, with a group of others. 
This kid signaled for us to pull over. I was cautious, as you have to be in a city like Managua, but I saw a concerned, desperate look on this kids face and a crowd beginning to gather around a Taxi and he was yelling "he's been shot!...he's been shot!....."
The Taxi driver looked as if he was hurting and in lots of pain. I really didn't know if he was dying or not.  I parked Fabiolla (my truck and blocked all the traffic at the Intersection, so we could stop some of the traffic confusion). I got out of the Truck to see what had happened and what I could do, along with the crowd.  
Apparently, a crazy nut on a motorcycle had side swiped into the Taxi. After the Taxi driver yelled at him at the stop light, the man or teenager, on the Motorcycle pulled out a gun shot the him in or near the heart. 
Everybody was yelling to do some thing different. Damarys called her house on her cel. and told her niece to call an Ambulance. A guy who looked like he knew what he was doing said we could not move the guy. That made sense to me. But I was not sure if the guy was going to bleed to death. My idea was to put him in my truck and take him to the Hospital, but the best thing appeared to wait for the Ambulance. 
So, I moved my truck and then we just waited...... and ......waited....... and in true Nicaragua style...... the group decided to start pushing the Taxi (without moving the guy from the driver seat) to a Hospital that was a few blocks away. After they got through the light and a block away from the Hospital, an ambulance came and took the guy to a Hospital........ 
What I saw in the Nicaraguan people was true solidarity to a man in need.  
We then went home (hour trip) ...... and prayed for this man and his family. 

No comments: